Press releases can help to get your business noticed by a wide range of potential clients. This can help to increase the potential for revenue your business has and therefore, increase the money that goes into your pocket. If you’re a little unfamiliar with press releases the following information will help you get an idea of what to expect and what might work for your company.
A press release is often the perfect way to let people know about your business and that it has something important to share with the public. It is different than an article and different than a straight advertisement. In order to create a great one there are a few things that should be followed and a few to avoid.
What To Do For A Press Release:
- Have a plan for the release. Think about what it is announcing and what you need it to do.
- Go over it thoroughly and make sure that there are no errors, grammar problems or other flaws in it.
- Have an idea as to where you will submit it and what kind of market is best for the release to go to.
- Know your audience so you can tailor the writing to fit the media.
In regards to what you shouldn’t do there is also a list that must be followed:
- Don’t send the same exact release to several outlets.
- Don’t spread rumors, lies or falsities with your Press Release.
- Don’t start rambling and talking about stories that the public may not care about, you’ll lose your audience.
- Don’t’ use strange fonts and expect people to easily read it. Stick to a good style.
When you are creating your press release it’s important to take some time to get an idea of what will work and what won’t this means going online and doing some reading. If you’re conveying a message about a product it’s not a bad idea to check out all the stats on the product so you can share it. If it’s a message about a new service or something your business is offering as a promotion then you should make sure to have some statistics to help back up your ideas and thoughts.